When it comes to preventing skin cancer and other skin maladies, a proactive approach is key! Especially when it comes to sun exposure – only protecting yourself when you've got a burn or in certain situations is too little too late unfortunately. Read on for some sun smart tips to keep your nose and your skin protected and healthy.
- Seek the shade, especially between 10 am and 4 pm. Do not burn.
- Use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher every day. For extended outdoor activity, use a water-resistant, broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.
- Avoid tanning and UV tanning booths. Apply 1 oz. (2 tablespoons) of sunscreen to your entire body 30 minutes before going outside. Reapply every two hours or immediately after swimming.
- Keep newborns out of the sun. Sunscreens should be used on babies over the age of six months.
- Cover up with clothing, including a broad-rimmed hat, UV-blocking sunglasses, and of course the Sol Sister SHNOZEE nose protector.
- Examine your skin head-to-toe every month and see your physician every year for a professional skin exam.
Do you have any tips to share? Get in touch and let us know!